"With Jane In Catland" is my blog about my handmade paintings, crafts, and other artworks of mine, posts about my Etsy shop, my love for cats and other animals, artist friends of mine, artists who inspire me, animal charities I work for and support, animal rights, various videos, and other random things in my life. Hope you enjoy my on-line Catland!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

World Farm Animals Day & other random updates

 

October 2nd is
WORLD FARM ANIMALS DAY

 

A time dedicated to exposing, mourning, and memorializing the needless suffering and slaughter of the more than 55 billion cows, pigs, turkeys, chickens, and other sentient land animals in the world's factory farms and slaughterhouses. It is a time for all to speak out against the atrocities and brutalization of animals raised for meat, eggs, and dairy.
The annual occasion is observed with activities in all 50 U.S. states and two dozen other countries. The date marks the birthday of ethical vegetarian Mahatma Gandhi.
~~~~~~
So with "World Farm Animals Day" coming up soon, me and many of the other talented, creative and compassionate members of the "Vegan Etsy" team will be supporting this day through our own Etsy shops!
Since I'm a huge animal lover, vegan and long-time supporter of animal rights, especially with a soft spot for farm animals (I love goats and llamas the most :) I really wanted to help out. So I will be having a special promotion at my Etsy shop.


"Cash" - a cute little lamb at Farm Sanctuary
Between October 1st and October 7th, I will be donating 20% from sales from all of my items (save for the commissioned items that I did exclusively for "Harmony House Cat Shelter") to Farm Sanctuary, my favorite farm animal organization. You can learn more about them at:
www.farmsancturay.org
I've been so busy working on new items for my shop lately, especially with Halloween coming up, but I'm going to try to squeeze in some other items that will feature the animals that are saved by, and are now living in happiness and freedom, at Farm Sanctuary. And from the items I make featuring the Farm Sanctuary animals, I will be donating 40% of those proceeds to Farm Sanctuary as well.


"Missy Elliott" - a very happy and hip (hop;) looking goat at Farm Sanctuary
So I will continue to be very busy with work, but it is well worth it to help the animals in need through the process!I hope you will stop by my shop, "Jane Diamond Designs", to help the farm animals of the world in need, and also to shop for cool cat handmade items that I created for you and your feline friends at:
www.janediamond.etsy.com


And to learn more about and/or join the "Vegan Etsy" team, founded by my sweet friend Molly, please go to:
http://www.veganetsy.etsy.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, I've been putting the finishing touches on my first "Cool Cat Customer of the Month" feature, and it will be posted within the first week of October. So for that month, the feature will be about my good friend Katie (aka "mishkat" at Etsy) and her cute kitties, so definitely keep an eye out for that! It's going to be a very fun and frisky feline feature :)
Well, gotta go back to work now to finish my items for my Etsy shop (I *finally* found my battery charger for my camera - YAY! - I had been looking for it for over 2 weeks now and was starting to think I had just lost it) so I'll be very busy not only finishing my new items, but also taking lots of pics to uploaded to my shop sooooon! So be sure to check out my shop at:
www.janediamond.etsy.com
in the next couple days to see all my new and cool items, thanks!



Til later...
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Cheers from Catland,

- Jane

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post. I think I came across you looking for images of Louis Wain on google! I have the 'Catland' paper dolls. I took the step to join your Yahoo group and also have an Esty shop I haven't used much but will soon.Mainly been selling on Ebay but not happy with them now. My Esty is http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5205746 and my Myspace is http://www.myspace.com/robynsrookery.

Anonymous said...

so cool! even the photos are eeriely splendid...i enjoyed reading this entry! i hope you are enjoying your weekend as well!

Jane said...

Robyn - I'm glad you got my comment that I left for you at your blog. I love all your dolls! They are so charming & have a Victorian style to them that appeals to me a lot. And they also look very well made. I can tell just by looking at your photos, that you take your time & really enjoy making your dolls. Of course, my favorite dolls were the Wain inspired ones. Like I said, you really captured the look & feel of Louis Wain's cats. They are impressive & joyous! :)
What a small world that you found me via Google when you were looking for images of Louis Wain. And I'm delighted to have you as my 'mewest' member of my Louis Wain Group, I hope you like the group :)
And thanks as well for giving me the link to your Etsy shop & your myspace too. I know you said your Wain dolls sold very fast, but I hope you make more in the future for your Etsy shop, cause I'd love to buy one...or two or three ;)
Thanks so much for your reply here at my blog. So nice to hear from you. Have a purrrfect day & Cheers from Catland!

- Jane


Leslie - thank you very much as well for your comment. I was wondering though which photos you found "eeriely splendid"? I'm assuming you meant the ones of ohGr/Ogre/Skinny Puppy? But correct me if I'm wrong about that. I'm very happy to know you enjoyed reading that blog entry of mine & thanks again for your comment regarding it, I appreicate your reply :) And it's the weekend again, so I hope you have another good one ;) Cheers from Catland!

- Jane