"With Jane In Catland" is my blog about my handmade paintings, crafts, and other artworks of mine, posts about my Etsy shop, my love for cats and other animals, artist friends of mine, artists who inspire me, animal charities I work for and support, animal rights, various videos, and other random things in my life. Hope you enjoy my on-line Catland!

Friday, December 26, 2008

Delayed Update.....

I wanted to update my blog real quick to let all my friends know why I haven't been as active here, or the many other sites I frequent.

As some of you know, my dad was very sick for quite awhile and was in hospital - it was very serious, and also a scary and stressful time for my family, and for my dad too, obviously. But he's out of the hospital now, and is doing much better - thank goodness!

But then my precious 19 year old cat, Ms. Abbey, got very sick too and I had to take her to the ER. Since then, Abbey is also doing better, but still recovering - so I've been staying at home a lot, taking care of my sweet 'golden girl' ;)

And then my bi-polar computer started spazzing on out me - it didn't work half the time, and when it did - it would boot me off at random times - until it finally died. so annoying! So I've been without my computer for awhile now, adding to yet another reason why I haven't been on-line much (I'm currently writing this from a computer cafe) but I should get my computer fixed and back at home early next week. xx. So, thanks everyone for your understanding and patience regarding my current circumstances :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

However, with all the stress over the past few months - not all was lost. I had a fuckin' fabulous, amazing, and crazy fun time at the ohGr show late last month!

In the future, I really want to make a separate post all about it, accompanied by the photos and videos I shot that night, cause it really was soooo amazinG - seriously. that show blew my freakin' mind!

But suffice to say for now, it was truly one of the best shows I've ever seen (which says a lot considering just how many shows I've seen in my life) and I was sooo happy that night that my face actually hurt from smiling so much. I also took tons of photos and videos before, during and after the show which I'm still hoping to post soon here and my Flickr page. But in the meantime, here's a photo that my friend Miche took of me with my Dlovely friend Ogre after the show.
<3>


Ogre + I - huGsville - 2008
Til later....
Cheers from Catland!

- Jane

3 comments:

Mishkat said...

Jane, so sorry to hear about your dad's and Ms. Abbey's illnesses - hope they are both on the mend. And thank you so much for the lovely card - very much appreciated!

We started a blog, so please stop by when you are back on line :)

Best to you and Abbey!
Katie

Jane said...

Hi there Katie -

How are you? Hope you, and the kitties, are doing very good these days!

Thanks so much you for your comment here - sorry it took me awhile to reply - I'm so behind on everything, but I do appreicate and like your comment, and it's always great to hear from you!

When my dad, and then Ms. Abbey, got sick, it obviously was a very stressful time for me, to say the least. But both my dad and Abbey are doing better now - thank goodness!!

Then my computer crashed and I didn't have it for awhile as it was being fixed, so I'm really behind in so many aspects of work and other things I do on the net.

Anyway...I'm so glad you got the card I sent you and that you thought it was lovely. Enjoy!!! I hope your x-mas and New Year's was festive, warm and fun for you and your family!

And I will definitely check out the new EFA blog - though I think I've already seen it since it changed - unless there is another new version of it now? But either way, I'll check it out soon - I have some catching up to do there anyway.

Much love to you and your kitties, and a very happy and healthy 2009 my sweet friend!

<3,

- Jane and Ms. Abbey

ps. I adore your new blog avatar. Franklin looks like he's smiling in that photo :) CUTE!

Mishkat said...

Hi Jane - Good to see you found my blog :). It is something I've wanted to do for a long time.

Really glad your dad and Abbey are both feeling better

P.S. In answer to your question, Dobby is fine - he was just comparing his own behavior at the vets (good) to Tasha's (horrible!)