"With Jane In Catland" is my blog about my handmade paintings, crafts, and other artworks of mine, posts about my Etsy shop, my love for cats and other animals, artist friends of mine, artists who inspire me, animal charities I work for and support, animal rights, various videos, and other random things in my life. Hope you enjoy my on-line Catland!

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Another Update, New Etsy Items & Video of the Week

'Ello Everyone -

Again, it's been quite awhile since I've updated my blog. I'm sorry I've been so behind with replying back your comments here, but I wanted to let you guys know that the main reason is because my computer is having a lot of major problems! I actually started writing this post several days ago and it's taken me that time just to complete it.

Lately, my computer keeps booting me off and freezing up on me. I wish I had a dime for every time this has happened cause I could probably retire off of that - seriously! There's been soooo many times I've had to re-boot my computer around 4 or 5 times just to access the internet - and then times I do get on the internet, it boots me off or freezes up, often as fast as within just 30 seconds. It's also running really slow. Basically - it doesn't work about 98% of the time.

This is the same exact problem I had with my old computer before it eventually crashed and died - and now the same thing is happening with my new computer.

Suffice to say it's been very annoying and frustrating, especially since my job at my Etsy shop is solely done on-line, including the photos for the items I sell at my shop.

And it's also why I've been behind with my feedback and convos there - as well as other places I frequent on the net - like my e-mails, this blog, Flickr, myspace, the Etsy forums and several of the Etsy message boards and blogs of teams that I'm a member of, animal charities, shelters and sanctuaries that I work for and/or donate to - plus much more......

Hopefully I will get my computer fixed soon so that I can reply back to all my friends here, at Etsy, and catch up with all my other favorite on-line activities.

I'm actually very surprised I've gotten this far in my post here without getting booted off
~~~~~~~~~

Though fortunately yesterday I was able to complete a listing at my Etsy shop. It's of a new necklace I made in honor and memory to "Cincinnati Freedom" - aka "Cinci". I had completed the necklace and posted it on Flickr awhile ago, but it wasn't until yesterday that i was finally able to list it.

I was very touched by Cinci's story and made a necklace featuring a beautiful photo of her. 20% of the proceeds from the sale of the necklace will go towards Farm Sanctuary - my very favorite farm sanctuary that I support through my work and donations.

Cinci was a very courageous cow who escaped a slaughterhouse by jumping a 6 foot fence! She was fortunately rescued 11 days later and from there, resided at farm Sanctuary where she finally had the safety, love and freedom that she sought and fought for! The amazing and compassionate people at Farm Sanctuary made Cinci feel right at home and she also bonded with the other cows there, forming close and tender friendships with them.

But tragically, 6 years later, Cinci was diagnosed with spinal cancer which spreads fast in cattle. While her passing was very sad and heartbreaking, Cinci's fellow cow friends kept close by her, watching over her, licking her and keeping her calm until she passed away.

So when I heard of her recent passing, I wanted to make this necklace in her honor and to also remind people of the importance of the will to live, courage, strength, freedom and love - something that all humans can relate to and strive for.

Below is a photo of the necklace featuring sweet "Cinci"

Handmade "Cincinnati Freedom" pendant necklace
proceeds go to Farm Sanctuary


I also have a couple new items in my shop as well that I hadn't posted in my blog here yet...

"Le Chat" - handmade and handsewn lavender sachet

Handmade and handsewn "Koi Fish" catnip toy!


To see these items above and much more in my shop, please go to:

Thank You!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway - I hope you all understand why I haven't been as active on-line as I normally am - and I want to thank all of you for being so patient with me while my computer is being bipolar.

Lastly....

below is my video of the week - "It's No Good" by Depeche Mode

I've been in a Mode mood lately, loving their new single, "Wrong", and looking forward to the release of their new album, "Songs of the Universe", and tour too!

I love this song by Mode and the I think the video is really campy, cheeky and fun - enjoy!




Til later...

Cheers from Catland,

- Jane

1 comment:

Ze O said...

HEY!!! I absolutely LOVE this song as well!

I think you're my long lost twin...